Tuesday, November 8, 2011

If Clause sentence and Wish sentence


If Clause Type
(1) it is possible and also very likely that the condition will be fulfilled.
form : if + Simple Present, will-Future, example : If I meet her, I’ll ask her for diner
(2) It is possible but very unlikely, that the condition will be fulfilled.
form : if + Simple Past, past future (= would + Infinitive), example : if I found her address, I would send her an invitation
(3) It is impossible that the condition will be fulfilled because it refers to the past..
Form: if + Past Perfect, past future perfect (= would + have + Past Participle), example If I had worked harder, I would have had a car.

Tipe Wish dan faktanya
(1) Future wish :
- I wish my friend would visit me this afternoon. (Saya berharap teman saya akan mengunjungi saya sore ini). Faktanya: my friend will not come this afternoon.
- They wish that you could come to the party tonight. (Mereka berharap bahwa kamu bisa datang sebentar malam). Faktanya: you can’t come.
- Bobby wishes he were coming with Angelia. (Bobby berharap dia datang dengan Angelia). Faktanya: Bobby is not coming with Angelia.
(2) Present wish :
- I wish I were rich. (Saya berharap saya kaya). Faktanya adalah: I am not rich.
- I wish I had enough time to finish my work. (Saya berharap saya punya cukup waktu untuk menyelesaikan pekerjaan saya). Faktanya: I don’t have enough time to finish my wor
- John wishes that Ririn were old enough to be his girl friend. (John berharap bahwa Ririn cukup umur untuk menjadi pacarnya). Faktanya: Ririn is not old enough to be John’s girl friend
(3) Past Wish :
- I wish I had washed my clothes yesterday. (Saya berharap saya telah cuci pakaian-pakaian saya kemarin). Faktanya: I didn’t wash my clothes yesterday
- Irwan wishes that he had answered the questions well. (Irwan berharap bahwa dia telah menjawab soal-soal dengan baik). Faktanya: Irwan didn’t answer the questions well.
- Christian Ronaldo wishes that his team could have beaten the German team. (Christian Ronaldo berharap bahwa teamnya dapat mengalahkan team Jerman). Faktanya: Christian Ronaldo’s team couldn’t beat the German team.
- I wish you had been here last night. (Saya berharap kamu ada di sini tadi malam). Faktanya: you were not here last night
Source :
1) http://swarabhaskara.com/miscellaneous/conditional-sentences-part-2/
2) http://e-englishlab.blogspot.com/2011/01/conditional-sentences-if-clauses-type-i.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment